Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hard Goodbye

I am writing this blog from Colorado for the last time. I will continue to keep this updated from home. Many people have even asked if I will continue to write even after Kyle and I are back home, the answer is yes. Our journey will be just starting when we get home and writing helps us cope with all that is going on. It is our outlet. It is something we will be able to look back and say we did it!
So tomorrow I head out for home. This has been one of the hardest things yet. To get to go home without half my heart is very difficult. It was one thing to leave my children, it is another to leave my husband. My children I knew would be fine with our wonderful family, Kyle I am not so sure about. I can't leave him and know all will be well. All I can do is leave him in the hands of the man upstairs and know he will take care of it all. I am torn, I will be excited to see the 2 most beautiful kids in the world, but sad to leave my other half. He is in good hands, though I am sure of. All I can think of is that hopefully in 2 weeks he will be right behind me on his way home as well.
The sore on his bottom looks about the same, they let him get up this afternoon but only for a couple hours for therapy then he had to go back down. Last night I was so frustrated and angry when I got a message from a really good friend that made everything a little easier. It was the serenity prayer. Connie and Bryan had read it to us during our marriage classes. They used to say they thought it was interesting how most people never finish they prayer and how they felt the last part of the prayer was the most important. They were right. Thank you Connie for reminding me of it at a time when we really needed it. So tonight I leave you with it in hopes that it may help someone else at their most helpless hour as it did us.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time; enjoying one moment at a time; ACCEPTING HARDSHIPS AS THE PATHWAY TO PEACE; Taking, as he did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; TRUSTING THAT HE WILL MAKE ALL THINGS RIGHT IF I SURRENDER TO HIS WILL;That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with him forever in the next, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment